- Commencement salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Full Time, ongoing position
- Melbourne CBD Location
William Angliss Institute is the Government endorsed specialist training provider for the foods, tourism, hospitality and events industries and is recognised as Australia’s leading provider of training for these key industry sectors. The Institute aims to provide excellent vocational education and training services for industry, students and government in Victoria, Australia and globally.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the organisation in the newly created role of Manager Business Planning and Analytics on a Full-time, ongoing basis.
The Business Planning and Analytics Department is responsible for supporting business planning and performance management across a broad range of organisational objectives through effective business planning, forecasting, reporting and analytics to provide clear and actionable insights to drive business performance and inform organisational strategy.
- Provide effective leadership of the Business Planning and Analytics team to develop department and staff capability in delivering strategic support to management across business planning and performance management activities;
- Ensure effective business planning through development of quality budgeting, forecasting, financial modelling and business case development tools and processes;
- Develop Business Intelligence reporting and capability to support a broad range of performance objectives and key performance indicators;
- Develop data driven analysis for enhanced insights;
- Undertake comprehensive financial analysis and modelling providing insights and support for optimal strategic decision making;
- Build strong business partnering across the organisation and continued development of a corporate business focus;
- Provide regular/monthly and ad hoc reporting to support the Board, Executive and other management in achievement of Institute’s goals;
- Ensure a culture of continual business improvement is instilled within the Business Planning and Analysis team through assessment and implementation (where applicable) of new technologies and business solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant graduate qualification in accounting/commerce with post graduate studies or extensive experience in IT related discipline highly regarded, CPA/CA qualification.
- Significant management experience in leading teams and Business Planning and Analytics functions.
- Demonstrated success in development of effective budgeting, forecast and business modelling systems.
- Significant demonstrated success in reporting to and providing expert advice and analysis to senior management in a large complex environment while driving performance improvement.
- Strong IT skills with excellent and innovative Dashboarding, and Visualisation design skills and implementation and optimisation of computerised financial systems.
- Demonstrated track record of initiating and driving process and system improvement.
- Effective organisational skills and attention to detail with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and prepare accurate information within specified timelines.
- Well- developed communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate financial information effectively and prepare high quality written communications including briefing papers, business cases, Board and management reports.
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills.
Please Note: A National Police Check and Bankruptcy Solvency Check will be required prior to commencement.
Application close date: Sunday 24 November 2019 at 12:00pm
How to Apply
Click on the “Apply for this job” link and submit the following documentation as part of your application:
- cover letter;
- resume; and
- document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (KSC)
The KSC are located on page 5 of the position description. Please note that only applications that address the KSC will be eligible for consideration.
For enquires regarding this role, please contact Director Corporate, Eileen Sargent; Eileen.Sargent@angliss.edu.au
William Angliss Institute is a Child Safe organisation and we therefore require all successful candidates for teaching positions and other identified roles to submit a Working with Children Check card prior to commencement of employment.
The Institute is fully supportive of the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
A full list of employment opportunities with William Angliss Institute can be found at https://www.angliss.edu.au/about/careers-at-angliss/
For assistance applying online phone (03) 9606 2486.