- Commencement salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Full Time, ongoing position
- Melbourne CBD Location
William Angliss Institute is the Government endorsed specialist training provider for the foods, tourism, hospitality and events industries and is recognised as Australia’s leading provider of training for these key industry sectors. The Institute aims to provide excellent vocational education and training services for industry, students and government in Victoria, Australia and globally.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Financial Controller to lead the Finance Team on a Full-time, ongoing basis. The Finance team is responsible for financial statutory and regulatory reporting requirements, cash management, maintenance of the general ledger, the day-to-day financial operations of the Institute and ensuring the development of and adherence to sound financial governance processes.
- Lead, manage and mentor, the Finance Team ensuring a culture of continual business improvement and customer service is instilled within the Finance team;
- Manage the financial regulatory and statutory reporting responsibilities for the Institute and co-ordinate the external audit process;
- Manage all accounting operations including general ledger integrity, revenue and expense recognition, inventory and asset accounting, payroll, billing, and accounts receivable / payable;
- Provide technical accounting support and advice to the business to enable them to make sound business decisions;
- Enhance finance systems functionality and processes to improve efficiencies;
- Ensure that the Institute maintains the highest level of accountability in respect of financial and taxation compliance;
- Provide effective financial governance across the Institute through the development and oversight of a sound policy and procedure framework ensuring compliance with relevant requirements and effective internal control structures;
- Provide key strategic decision making support in the continued development of a corporate business focus for the Institute in conjunction with the Board, Executive, Angliss Management Group (AMG), staff and relevant external bodies;
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant graduate or post graduate qualification in accounting/commerce; CPA/CA qualification.
- Significant management experience in leading teams and finance functions.
- Significant demonstrated success in delivering full annual reporting and other financial reporting requirements in a large complex environment.
- Technically strong accounting skills with demonstrated ability to provide expert advice in relation to portfolio responsibilities.
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills.
- Effective organisational skills and attention to detail with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and prepare accurate information within specified timelines.
- Demonstrated track record of initiating and driving process and system improvement.
- Well-developed communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare high quality written communications including briefing papers, policies, procedures and correspondence.
Please Note: A National Police Check and Bankruptcy Solvency Check will be required prior to commencement.
Application close date: Sunday 24 November 2019 at 12:00pm
How to Apply
Click on the “Apply for this job” link and submit the following documentation as part of your application:
- cover letter;
- resume; and
- document addressing each of the Key Selection Criteria (KSC)
The KSC are located on page 5 of the position description. Please note that only applications that address the KSC will be eligible for consideration.
For enquires regarding this role, please contact Director Corporate, Eileen Sargent; Eileen.Sargent@angliss.edu.au
William Angliss Institute is a Child Safe organisation and we therefore require all successful candidates for teaching positions and other identified roles to submit a Working with Children Check card prior to commencement of employment.
The Institute is fully supportive of the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
A full list of employment opportunities with William Angliss Institute can be found at https://www.angliss.edu.au/about/careers-at-angliss/
For assistance applying online phone (03) 9606 2486.